Mark your calendars! The City of Saskatoon is hosting a couple of open-house style public meetings for the Growth Plan to Half a Million:
The closing round of Growth Plan public engagement will take place from October 14 to November 8, 2015. Join the City of Saskatoon either in person or online to learn more and provide feedback on the proposed long-term plans and implementation priorities for:
• a new transit system with Bus Rapid Transit (BRT);
• redevelopment along major corridors like 8th Street, 22nd Street, Preston Avenue and College Drive; and,
• a new core area river crossing connecting 33rd Street to Preston Avenue, combined with dedicated BRT lanes on the University Bridge.
To learn more about the proposed Growth Plan, watch this video:
Join us for our regularly scheduled board meeting 7pm Oct 13 (tonight) at Christ Church Anglican, 515 28th Street West.
All residents of Caswell Hill are welcome to attend Caswell Community Association meetings. Residents living inside the following boundaries are in Caswell Hill:
- North/South boundaries are between 22nd St W and 33rd St W.
- East/West boundaries are between Idylwyld Drive and Ave H North
Only board members elected at the AGM may vote.
A couple weeks ago a bunch of really great folk came out to help clean up Caswell back alleys. They did a FANTASTIC JOB! Here are the clean up results:
- A total of 4 Loraas roll-off bins were emptied with a total weight of waste removed = 4,870 kgs
- 6 tires were collected and taken to A-1 tire for recycling
- 2 Inland Steel scrap-metal collection bins of diverted metal were emptied with a total weight diverted = 2430 lbs
Come on out to Caswell Community School parking lot: 204 – 30th Street West from 10am – 2pm, to join the clean up team! We’re going around cleaning up and beautifying the neighbourhood. Bring your gloves and closed-toe footwear! We’d love your help!